TCJ Production

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the production of the highly ambitious fan game, "Banjo-Kazooie: The Crystal Jiggy".

4 posters

World Idea: Tire Tropics

Qwazin
    Qwazin

World Idea: Tire Tropics Empty World Idea: Tire Tropics

Post  Qwazin Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:37 am

Alright, so I know you guys already seem to have your worlds planned out, but I thought I'd put this out there anyway because after all it's just an idea.

I was thinking about what kind of worlds I would like to have if I were to make a Banjo game, and one world I came up with pretty quickly was this BanjoLand-esque world which paid homage to all the old Rareware games. I'm such a nerd for Rare, so I wanted to bring attention to those really old franchises that seem to have been forgotten now that they're with Microsoft.

Basically, Tire Tropics would be this old beaten up junkyard in the shape of a tropcial forest made of junk, dirt, machines and old Rareware leftovers. Call it a satrical take on Banjo Land if you will, but it's really just using the same concept in a slightly different fashion. The beginging of the level would be a trashed, mechanical version of the Jungle Japes lobby from DK64, and as you work your way to the middle of the stage you get to this giant mountain of junk, much like a junkyard, which is being guarded by a robotic ape that throws barrels on anyone who tries to climb the mountain. (See where I'm going with this?)

Other enemies would include aboadoned space suits that fly around with jetpacs and shoot at you, and pherhaps there could be some realistic aligators with pirate hats swimming around a mudpool somewhere too. As for a Mumbo transformation I'd probably have Mumbo turn Banjo into Banjo Kong and have him face of the barrel throwing ape.

So yeah, basically it'd be a bunch of oldschool Rare games thrown into one big mix, a little bit of creative designing and a whole bunch of references to Donkey Kong Country. The basic gist of the level would be a cross between Clanker's Cavern and Jungle Japes. If you think about it, a forest turned into metal and trash is sort of an indirect reference to the fate of Fungus Forest aswell, so theres some nerdy trivia for ya right there. :)

Even if this is not fit for the Crystal Jiggy I'd love to hear peoples input on the idea, and if there is any potential for it to be used then that'd be really swell aswell.
    Viku
    Viku

World Idea: Tire Tropics Empty Re: World Idea: Tire Tropics

Post  Viku Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:08 pm

I like the idea of the world

but, we already have all the worlds set.
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:13 pm

yeah- plus we already have a museum too. I could see some ideas from this being put in as well.
    bonzo
    bonzo

Location : Treasure Trove Cove, somewhere off the coast of Isle O' Hags.

Post  bonzo Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:27 pm

The original Donkey Kong wasn't by Rare.
    Viku
    Viku

Post  Viku Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:23 pm

bonzo wrote:The original Donkey Kong wasn't by Rare.

still would act as a normal videogame reference...
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:05 am

I am quite aware of this, but they made him their own through the DKC series, which is what Rare is probably the best known for next to Goldeneye. This reference would be a quite loose one, like the barrel throwing gorilla-piñata in Trouble in Paradise. I just think it'd be nice to indirectly re-invent Donkey Kong into the Rare world again.
    bonzo
    bonzo

Location : Treasure Trove Cove, somewhere off the coast of Isle O' Hags.

Post  bonzo Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Qwazin wrote:

I am quite aware of this, but they made him their own through the DKC series, which is what Rare is probably the best known for next to Goldeneye. This reference would be a quite loose one, like the barrel throwing gorilla-piñata in Trouble in Paradise. I just think it'd be nice to indirectly re-invent Donkey Kong into the Rare world again.

Ok, that's cool, I didn't even know about the TiP thing cuz I haven't opened it yet Razz. I'm not gonna till I beat the first one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:02 pm