TCJ Production

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the production of the highly ambitious fan game, "Banjo-Kazooie: The Crystal Jiggy".

+3
Qwazin
bonzo
B-Kpianist
7 posters

Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!)

B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!) Empty Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!)

Post  B-Kpianist Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:39 pm

So we're gonna need some new characters for Banjo & Kazooie to meet (challenge hosts, ppl in distress, main vilians, a boss, etc.). What characters are we gonna put in here?
    bonzo
    bonzo

Location : Treasure Trove Cove, somewhere off the coast of Isle O' Hags.

Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!) Empty Re: Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!)

Post  bonzo Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Dopey the Dolphin - Dolphin that randomly swims around the giant lake at the beginning of the level. you meet him first.
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!) Empty Re: Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!)

Post  B-Kpianist Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:58 pm

Wasn't there a Dolphin in B-K? We could just use him.
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:08 am

I think it's best if we start off with our own ideas and re-use Rare characters later on. Plus, Dopey the Dolphin is quite an amusing name. :)
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:40 pm

Yes Wink
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:53 pm

I guess so- i just don't wanna look like we're ripping off an original character is all Wink
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:12 pm

We aren't, you see, Dopey the Dolphin has a large backstory.

Here it is, told from his perspective.

"So, do you wanna like go out sometime? Maybe
    check a movie out? We can sit over a candle night dinner, I compliment
    your dress, and you seduce me afterward while we make love in your
    apartment. Then we both regret it for a few years, but come to terms
    and meet again, awkwardly, but still there is a flame. There is still a
    flame....

Then we end up meeting from a mutual friend, and you look away coyly,
    and I catch your eye as we smirk at each other. We slowly walk out to
    the dance floor after I ask you to dance, and you reply with a heart
    yet not to eagerly yes. We dance and we recollect our adventures, our
    triumphs, our tragedies. You are not satisfied with the evening, and
    now we must at least go to dinner. I wait by the phone all evening
    falling asleep on the couch, and as are you. We look at the phones
    periodically and yet we dont make a move. I call you, you call me, but
    no one is at home to reply. We eventually meet on the street, and again
    you smile away coyly. Then we leave together for lunch and no one
    speaks. We are just imagining the other naked. I want to make you
    happy, you want to make me happy and we both leave the door swiftly. We
    both take a taxi and tell him to step on it. We leave the car and dash
    up the stairs to your apartment. We begin passionately making out as I
    sweep you off your feet. I rip off your shirt and begin suckling on
    your bellowing breasts, not to big, not to small. I cup them gently and
    you tell me not to be too rough, you are tender. I slowly slide my
    "thing" into you, and you moan..."

And Dopey is the dolphin from the first game's son.
    Viku
    Viku

Post  Viku Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:25 pm

I don't think we could put THAT into the game, it would rise the raiting to mature for sure XD

I thought in some characters for this world:

-A Honey bear (that design would be shorter and fatter than banjo's) that would be covered with honey and is sticked to the ground and will ask for your help. Like I mentioned in the HBM Map Thread, we could add a river that is blocked by a boulder and the lake would be half-filled. The thing is that the bear is right into the dry course of the river, so once the boulder is destroyed, the water would clean the honey off of him, releasing him and rewarding you with a Jiggy.

-A Woodpecker on a tree (his design...he would be bigger than banjo since most in the world is bigger than the bear). I don't know whitch role he could have...maybe reward you with a jiggy for something. (I also throught that it would be funny if the big bird try to hit on kazooie when you first talk to him...of course, Kaz would give a damn about it and would reply with a sharp and sarcastic comment XD)(I also throught that, like woodpeckers and other birds can attacht to the trees with their claws, this guy would be sticked to a big tree using a pair of big-sized version of the claw climber shoes from Tooie)

-I was trying to think in add a big talking sunflower girl, but then I throught about the big-breasted sunflower from Conker and she...wouldn't fit...so how about a hot-tempered sunflower male? (it could be funny if Kaz could make a comment involving his girly look as a flower). I also don't know whitch role he could have.

-A Bee Guard that would block the entrace to the Main Hive's "Honey Vault" and would not let Banjo pass (since he is a Honey Bear) unless he is transformed into a bee so he can pass unoticable. Inside would happen some kind of shooting gallery minigame.

-A Firefly. I can't find a role for him, too.
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Oh of course that isn't going to be shown in the game. That is just proof that he is original!
    JohnyT94

Post  JohnyT94 Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:57 pm

I actually like the short, chubby honey bear idea.

He wouldn't really look like Banjo though.

it reminds me of a new teddy bear pokemon i saw once xD ... I'm not sad enough to know it's name though, sorry.
    starfox260

Post  starfox260 Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:52 pm

I think that Teddy Bear pokemon was Tediursa or something to that extent.
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Here's an idea I've been sitting on for a while, though it kinda contradicts with me saying we shouldn't re-use old Rareware characters.

How about we throw in some of the Brothers Bear from Donkey Kong Country 3? Remember those guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyb-SKiACQ

Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!) BrothersBear

They're pretty minor and insignificant compared to all the other characters Rare's created, but me being a big fan of the DKC series, especially DKC3, I think it'd be a nice little homage to the Pre-N64 Rare era to give a little nod to these guys. Also, they're the only bear characters Rare have created appart from Banjo and Tooty, so it feels like they were supposed to meet sooner or later. In particular I wish for this guy to be put in the game somewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcEDnESRdI

With the Night Time idea being introduced to Honeybee Mountain, I find it to be quite a pretty image to have Blue standing outside on a hill staring up towards a beehive high up in an unreachble tree somewhere. That, or just staring blankly at the moon. I think he would kind of fit the whole concept of honey and nighttime. Smile
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:59 pm

Double postin' to throw in this rough of Blue:

Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!) Blue1

I'm quite the terrible inker, but his somewhat how I imagine he'd look in this game. :)
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:17 pm

That Idea for blue staring at the moon is beautiful.... We could create the most beautiful game... Ever? But when did this night idea come about and what exactly is it?
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:18 am

Well to be honest I don't really know, I just recall BK-Pianist mentioning it before, and then when he did the night time musical peice for the world I assumed it's now officially part of the game. I guess it just means you'll be able to visit the world both at day and night.

Also I wish this thread would get more active. We need more suggestions and ideas. Or at least throw some critique and whatnot at eachother to decide what stays and not and how exactly we're gonna pull off the population of the world. Whats the story inside the world, what do these guys do around this Honeybee Mountain? I want the people living inside the world to be working like a real population. They should know, love or hate eachother, they should know about current problems around the world an whatnot. Who's the badguy in this place? etc.
    Viku
    Viku

Post  Viku Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:40 pm

Remember my ideas for characters? Well, i decided to draw them:

Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!) HBM-charas

I also like Qwazin's idea. The Brother Bears would fit in this place. How about we put a few roaming around the world while others hang out in a big house?. Inside the house the music could change to a Banjo-ish remix of their theme from DKC3!
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:47 am

I'd freak out if the Brothers Bear theme was remixed into Banjo-style. x) Not sure if there should be a house though. I think their appearance should be quite subtle. Like, it shouldn't be all of the bears coming into the game saying "Hey, we're the guys from DKC3". I imagine it more like there just happens to be a bear who's called Blue in Honeybee Mountain and he bears a haunting resemblance to a character from DKC3. (Though I think it'd be cool if he mentioned his "brothers" in a sentance or two)

I guess if we wanted more of them in the level (I'm kinda happy with just Blue though) we could each pick our favourites and see if we can fit them into the level. For instance, Boomer would fit into the plot about blowing up the boulder: Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!) Watch?v=Snph6zcLb5s

Also I really like the idea of the Woodpecker character! My suggestions are: Wouldn't it be awesome if he was named "Pecker" and was actually made of wood? I'm just kinda coming up with this of the top of my head, but when listening to the Challenge Theme to this level I start to envision Banjo racing a retarded-looking marionette-puppet of a Woodpecker up in a giant treetop.
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:55 am

You mean this theme: DKC3 Brother Bears Theme
    Viku
    Viku

Post  Viku Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:21 pm

B-Kpianist wrote:You mean this theme: DKC3 Brother Bears Theme

Exactly..could you make a remix? Please, pretty please? (It's one ofmy favorite themes in DKC3)

Also Qwazin, yeah...we could how much bears are we gonna use, but let's not use Boomer. i always throught that the boulder would be breakable by the Beak Buster move. I think the breaking of the boulder should be "accesible" from the start of thelevel since it would not only help the honey-covered bear,but also fill the lake making more "missions" aviable (like the one involving the dolphin character or anything water-related.).
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:09 pm

I would, but I need to talk to Rare again first. They said music is something they have to worry about more than the actual game itself.
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Viku wrote:we could how much bears are we gonna use, but let's not use Boomer. i always throught that the boulder would be breakable by the Beak Buster move. I think the breaking of the boulder should be "accesible" from the start of thelevel since it would not only help the honey-covered bear,but also fill the lake making more "missions" aviable (like the one involving the dolphin character or anything water-related.).

Alright, that sounds like a good starter mission. Smile

Judging by the name I imagine Dopey the Dolphin to be pretty stupid-looking. Here's an idea, how about at the start of the level he's just laying on the ground all dried up and with a dead look on his face (pherhaps he does some twitching movements), and then after releasing the water he comes back to consciousness, though it'd be explained that the sun burned his head and he is now insane/dumb/retarded. (He would still have the dead look on his face, just to show how dumb he is)

That way we'd have a ridicoulus backstory for him, and he could become a recurring character through the level like the eagle from Click Clock Woods was in B-K.

edit: Did a quick doodle of how I imagine Dopey might look Smile

Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!) Dopey1
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Qwazin wrote:
    Viku wrote:we could how much bears are we gonna use, but let's not use Boomer. i always throught that the boulder would be breakable by the Beak Buster move. I think the breaking of the boulder should be "accesible" from the start of thelevel since it would not only help the honey-covered bear,but also fill the lake making more "missions" aviable (like the one involving the dolphin character or anything water-related.).

Alright, that sounds like a good starter mission. Smile

Judging by the name I imagine Dopey the Dolphin to be pretty stupid-looking. Here's an idea, how about at the start of the level he's just laying on the ground all dried up and with a dead look on his face (pherhaps he does some twitching movements), and then after releasing the water he comes back to consciousness, though it'd be explained that the sun burned his head and he is now insane/dumb/retarded. (He would still have the dead look on his face, just to show how dumb he is)

That way we'd have a ridicoulus backstory for him, and he could become a recurring character through the level like the eagle from Click Clock Woods was in B-K.

edit: Did a quick doodle of how I imagine Dopey might look Smile

Characters of Honeybee Mountain (Concept Artists' & Brainstormers Come in here!) Dopey1

Dopey is just supposed to be cute:( Actually I like your idea though, excellent!
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:50 pm

just get of the razor blade teeth you got there, and then he'll be cute again Razz
    BanjoBoy123
    BanjoBoy123

Post  BanjoBoy123 Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:09 pm

If he's supposed to be "Dopey" he should have square teeth that stick out.

Y'know, like generic dopey characters.
    BanjoBoy123
    BanjoBoy123

Post  BanjoBoy123 Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:14 pm

Gotta do homework, so don't have time to edit last post, so here's drawings from my Concept Art topic.

Characters:

-Bumble Bill

Baddies:

-Dandy Lion

I'd be honored if Qwazin redesigned them, cause I love his style lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:13 am