TCJ Production

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the production of the highly ambitious fan game, "Banjo-Kazooie: The Crystal Jiggy".

+3
Viku
bonzo
B-Kpianist
7 posters

Map of HBM (Brainstorm in here as well)

B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Map of HBM (Brainstorm in here as well) Empty Map of HBM (Brainstorm in here as well)

Post  B-Kpianist Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:00 pm

I'm working on it right now. I should have something up by tomorrow (maybe late tonight). So far there'll be:

- Huge Tree's
    - Huge Flowers
    - Huge Honey Hives
    - Lots of grass
    - Fire Torches (cuz they look cool!)
    - a pond/lake
    - a wasp only zone

So far... it's very little. We need to fill up this world. What will go in it? Suggestions? Post here!
    bonzo
    bonzo

Location : Treasure Trove Cove, somewhere off the coast of Isle O' Hags.

Map of HBM (Brainstorm in here as well) Empty Re: Map of HBM (Brainstorm in here as well)

Post  bonzo Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:17 pm

A BEACH!
    Viku
    Viku

Map of HBM (Brainstorm in here as well) Empty Re: Map of HBM (Brainstorm in here as well)

Post  Viku Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:41 pm

the path to the wasp side should have a "Nice/Nasty" sing on it for a Conker reference =D
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:32 pm

I was thinking windy conker
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:09 am

I feel like we need to add something very extra to this level to make it special. I think for most of the time the opening levels to the Banjo games have been very dull. Like, Mumbo's Mountain was very grey and green and you could beat it within just a few minutes. Mayhem Temple, I dunno, that one felt kinda messy to me. It wasn't until you got to levels like Tresure Trove Cove that the game really kicked in. And in Tooie's case, I guess Witchyworld or something.

So, even though not much has been done for the level so far, I just thought I'd say I hope it'll be more Click Clock Woods-ish than Mumbo's Mountain-ish. I'd adore if we could pull off to make it very colourfull, cause att the moment I can only imagine huge fields of green and yellow. :<
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:12 pm

It needs to be an OPENER. It must have a giant field, with beautiful scenery in the background. And a beach/cove/lake.
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:05 pm

Aye. I think that, rather than opening with a generic grassy level, we should open up with a blow. Like, just add something a little extra and interesting that will launch the player into thinking "Woah this is awesome!"

Obviously as of now I have no idea what that is. This is just me trying to find some inspiration. It could be anything from rich characters to a really inventive puzzle or amazing scenery.

Also, is Honeybee Mountain the official name, or can it be changed? I think we could make it even better. I was thinking of maybe something more epic like Honeybee Highlands, or Honeycomb Highlands. The whole "something"-mountain thing kinda adds to this coming off as just Mumbo's Mountain mk2, but maybe thats just me. Maybe everyone can throw in some suggestions though?
    SnsSeeker13
    SnsSeeker13

Post  SnsSeeker13 Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:40 pm

The initial concept art for this level made me think this level would be more based off beehives and honey combs, rather than being a generic grassy level. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with either one, it's just what I thought. I don't have much to suggest, but I think a Windy style Jazzy song for the BG music would be nice.
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:26 pm

It's a mix of both really. The biggest emphasis is on bee's, but there's a lot of other colorful aspects of the world (ex: the tall flowers surrounding the tree & hive)

I was thinking of making it very big, but not open.

When you enter the world, you'll enter on a bridge that is suspended over a large lake, accompanied by a beachy shore. Directly in front of you, I was thinking we could have a huge tree with the main bee-hive hanging off of it (accompanied by the others). Then behind and around it, there'll be a bunch of extremeley tall flowers (for platforming purposes, plus it'll look good!).

Then to your right, there'll be a bit of a mushroom forest (a bit of a throwback at Fugus Forest). It wouldn't be necessarily a "forest" (as in cluttered and dark, but they'd be tall & prominent in the world.

To your left, we could have a type of vegetable garden (just an idea)

And behind everything could be the wasp zone.

Not generic is it?
    SnsSeeker13
    SnsSeeker13

Post  SnsSeeker13 Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:17 pm

I guess not. Sounds like a great world. Why did we quit focusing on the demo world though?
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Well- i just think it's a bit too early to put out the demo. I think we should do this a little more organized- so the first world (naturally) should be what we start with.
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Map is done:
    https://2img.net/h/i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff69/b-kpianist/HoneybeeMountainMap.jpg

I'm a horrid color-er, so if anyone wants to print that out and color- be my guest! Smile

Anyways, what do you think? I've mapped out all the locations of everything (besides small props like fire torches, trees, flowers etc.), listed how many jiggies will be in each area, etc. Specific Enough?

[EDIT] Just so everyone knows:

1) The bridge in at the entrance is suspended over the water
    2) The entire world (lets say outside of the circle the map is drawn it) is surrounded by mountains
    3) The Bee-Hive House things are going to look like the Honeyhive baddies from B-K & B-T, only bigger.
    SnsSeeker13
    SnsSeeker13

Post  SnsSeeker13 Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:13 am

Looks good. Can't wait to see it when it's done.
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:10 pm

B-Kpianist wrote:It's a mix of both really. The biggest emphasis is on bee's, but there's a lot of other colorful aspects of the world (ex: the tall flowers surrounding the tree & hive)

I was thinking of making it very big, but not open.

When you enter the world, you'll enter on a bridge that is suspended over a large lake, accompanied by a beachy shore. Directly in front of you, I was thinking we could have a huge tree with the main bee-hive hanging off of it (accompanied by the others). Then behind and around it, there'll be a bunch of extremeley tall flowers (for platforming purposes, plus it'll look good!).

Then to your right, there'll be a bit of a mushroom forest (a bit of a throwback at Fugus Forest). It wouldn't be necessarily a "forest" (as in cluttered and dark, but they'd be tall & prominent in the world.

To your left, we could have a type of vegetable garden (just an idea)

And behind everything could be the wasp zone.

Not generic is it?

*big grin* That's all.
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:53 pm

How about the bridge is a part of the hub? That would actually work out perfectly.
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:57 pm

well- you get access to the world through a hotel, so it wouldn't work out too well. It's probably gonna be a portal
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:40 pm

Ok but the decision of using hotels isn't the FINAL idea. Have we already implemented the system? No. So why don't we use a better and more original idea, I'm not saying mine, but let's brainstorm it more, so it can be the best it can be.
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:52 pm

It's the whole purpose of the city hub, we talked about it before you even joined. It's very original- there's never been a game that has used that method to access worlds. Hotels stay.
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:08 pm

Yeah there has, but ok.

It's really not a very fun idea... I polled everyone at the banjo-kazooie forums and they said they'd rather something else.
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:33 am

I have to agree with bonzo that the hotel idea seems kinda odd. I dunno, it just seems out of place with the rest of Banjo-Kazooie.

I know you guys have been toying with this idea for a while now since before some of us joined this team, so can you like... recap what the whole idea is about and such? If some of us don't like it maybe we can make it better? etc.
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Maybe we can do one of those classic moves. A la, as possibly seen in a future IGN news article: "This game was originally planned to have every level accessed via a hotel, but in the end, one of the levels was access via cannon from the roof of a hotel (Bright Star Belt) to pay homage to...I don't know."
    Viku
    Viku

Post  Viku Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:37 pm

I think we should also give it some very high places that normal Banjo can't reach. remember that this level HAS to have the Bee trasformation and flying is an important thing oif it.

also, i thought that we could add a waterfall with a river that leads to the lake and the lake could have some enormous leafs (I can't remember how that classic leafs where frogs stands on are called...man, my english sucks) that banjo and Kaz could use as plataforms.

When you first arrive in the level, the river could be dry and the lake would be half-filled, because a rock is blocking the path of the water next to the waterfall. once the rock is destroyed the river will be back and the lake would be completly filled. What do you think?
    ----------------

Also, i dunno what's with your hate to the hotels Bonzo. It sounds much more original than just a simple word entrance. Besides, it gives him some kind of unique style to it...we can't just do it just like the old banjo games even if we are using similar gamplay mechanics (everything has to have a catch for get people to play it).
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Viku wrote:
    also, i thought that we could add a waterfall with a river that leads to the lake and the lake could have some enormous leafs (I can't remember how that classic leafs where frogs stands on are called...man, my english sucks) that banjo and Kaz could use as plataforms.
    Lilly pads- that was my idea when i started drawing the map- I just didn't draw them in Razz

When you first arrive in the level, the river could be dry and the lake would be half-filled, because a rock is blocking the path of the water next to the waterfall. once the rock is destroyed the river will be back and the lake would be completly filled. What do you think?[/quote]
    Oh! This would be perfect for our first gadget! Since you cant really use the beak buster outside of the FPS sections (lol sounds funny using the term FPS with Banjo), a gadget can be introduced here! Nice thinking! =)

Viku wrote:Also, i dunno what's with your hate to the hotels Bonzo. It sounds much more original than just a simple word entrance. Besides, it gives him some kind of unique style to it...we can't just do it just like the old banjo games even if we are using similar gamplay mechanics (everything has to have a catch for get people to play it).
    First off, it's not just Bonzo, so i'll give him some credit there, but yeah- This is exactly how I feel. It's a very unique idea, and it still settles in very well with the banjo atmosphere. Why? Well, if you think of the previous games, they've always had themed entrances. For example:

Banjo-Kazooie (1998)
    Map of HBM (Brainstorm in here as well) 250px-Gruntys_Lair5

Banjo-Tooie (2001)
    Map of HBM (Brainstorm in here as well) 270px-Terrydactyland_entry

The hotels would fit perfectly, because it's a direct representation of the world. Have you seen any of em?

Banjo-Kazooie: The Crystal Jiggy (2010)
    Map of HBM (Brainstorm in here as well) BK-TCJ-HotelModels
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Those look more like entrances than hotels... And did I ever say I wanted the traditional banjo style? First of all, the Tooie and Ooie entrances were actually done differently. Now just imagine this. You're in a town, and all of a sudden you see a path on the left. You travel down it, across a field not far from town at all, and then you see a horizon in front of you. It is just begging you to enter.

Yes.
    Walecs

Post  Walecs Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:00 pm

10characters

Last edited by Walecs on Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:24 am