TCJ Production

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the production of the highly ambitious fan game, "Banjo-Kazooie: The Crystal Jiggy".

4 posters

Ideas for Gadgets

Viku
    Viku

Ideas for Gadgets Empty Ideas for Gadgets

Post  Viku Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:12 am

Gadgets? In my Banjo fan-game? Is more likely than you think....

The gadgets was the idea decided to give something new to the game without loosing the plataforming style (unlike N&B). Gadgets are items that will be brought from klungo's Lab and will have diferent abilities that will work on special cases.

One of my ideas is that for not make the player so confused with "whitch gadget should I use? should I use a move or a gadget? ohhh damn". I thought some of the gadgets (not all) could work only when standing on a special pad (like the flight pad in BK or like the sensitive zones in Conker).

Here are some idea of gadgets:

-Mecha-Monocle: When equipped, the Mecha-Monocle would let you zoom in or out case you are looking from first-person view and also could enter in a "special vision" for find invisible switches or other things. (This gadget would not require a special pad)

-Jigg-O-Blaster: This golden gun would shoot energy jiggies and would work as both a weapon and a gadget. If the jigg-o-blaster is used in anything that has a jiggy shaped hole, something would happend. The weapon would have infinite ammon, but it would be even weaker than the blue eggs and couldnot be shoot from long distances. (This gadget would not require a special pad)

-Splash-O-Matic: anyone who played the first game of the Ratchet & Clank franchise would get from where I got the idea and how this gadget would work. When standing on a special pad, Banjo could use the Spash-O-Matic to drain some body of water, then carry the water to another pad and then released in other body. Example: Let's say there's a place you must reach, but is too far for reach it with a double jump or any other move...there's a empty hole (non-botomless) between you and the high place and next to you is a big pool of water with a special pad...you use the splash-o-matic for drain the pool and then you fill the holewith water so you can reach the place you wanted to go. (Like I said, this gadget would need a special pad so you can't drain every body of water)

-Magic Wrench: You hear it...a simpler version of the N&B Wrench. On special ad, it could be able to move/push/whatever objects from one place o another. We could make cool puzzles where this gadget could be needed. Since this game is before N&B we could do something silly and give this wrench the look of the beta wrench of N&B XP (this gadget would need a special pad so the moving object-thingy would not be abused).

-Loggo-Bombs: Pretty much a stinky bomb that can make some enemies dizzy with an horible stench. (usable without special pad)

-Spiritual Container: This gadget is tied with my idea of what should we collect for Mumbo's Traformation. I thought about it and thought about bouncing skulls with spiritual fire (I thought the name Mumbo BOOmbos, but if you can think in a better name tell me) that would bounc away when Banjo get nears...they would act as the glowbo/mumbo tokens of the game and banjo would use this vacumm like jar for capture them and then bring them to Mumbo. It would be the cheapest Gadget so you could easly start collecting them and transform. (not require pad)

-Shock Glove: a plug-looking glove that could be use for recharge machines of things like that. (not require pad, but something that the plug-looking glove could be connected)

-Snapshot-tron: A silly idea I thought, but it would be too hard to programm so we shoudl scrap it. Is pretty much a gadget that could give you the ability of take pictures of you playing and save them in your PC. Yea, I know...too hrd to program, but you can't say it wasn't a cool idea. A man can dream. (Would not require a pad and would be only usable from the menu screen)

Ideas for Gadgets BK-Gadgets
    Here is a drawing of how would the gadgets look like. (all the gadgets has a K on it cause where build by Klungo)

so what do you think? If you have any idea for gadgets don't be afraud and post in here!
    bonzo
    bonzo

Location : Treasure Trove Cove, somewhere off the coast of Isle O' Hags.

Ideas for Gadgets Empty Re: Ideas for Gadgets

Post  bonzo Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:48 am

N&B kept platforming elements.
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:58 am

Don't turn this into a "classic platforming vs veichle platforming" discussion. I'm sick of them and they belong on the RWP forums, not here.

To stay on topic, I like the gadget concept. It reminds me of what I thought NAB was gonna be back when Rare released their Xmas teaser. It also makes Fester's mechanical bodyparts make more sense. I can see him and Banjo-Kazooie having a faceoff using their gadgets, and it would mirror the first B-K nicely when you had to use all the moves you had learned to beat Grunty.
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 pm

Fester is the main reason i wanted to implement gadgets.

Those are really cool! we need to rename spiritual container though. It doesnt sound Banjo.
    bonzo
    bonzo

Location : Treasure Trove Cove, somewhere off the coast of Isle O' Hags.

Post  bonzo Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:21 am

Vehicle PLATFORMING!!!
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:35 am

huh?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content