TCJ Production

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the production of the highly ambitious fan game, "Banjo-Kazooie: The Crystal Jiggy".

4 posters

This game might be the only thing to keep Banjo alive over the next few years

B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

This game might be the only thing to keep Banjo alive over the next few years Empty This game might be the only thing to keep Banjo alive over the next few years

Post  B-Kpianist Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:52 pm

So the latest thing Rare has said about banjo (being that N&B did so bad) is, "Expect a game later rather than sooner. He needs another rest."

Great. Another 8 years. Just Great.

I think we really need to push ourselves on this one. I don't care if people say "You're going to fail" or "It'll never happen". If this game was to get a bunch of downloads (with proper advertisement of course), MAYBE RARE WILL GET THE HINT, and banjo wont die.

I dunno- I just wanted to say that because, at this point, Banjo could turn into a dead series, and i think we could keep him alive with this game.
    bonzo
    bonzo

Location : Treasure Trove Cove, somewhere off the coast of Isle O' Hags.

This game might be the only thing to keep Banjo alive over the next few years Empty Re: This game might be the only thing to keep Banjo alive over the next few years

Post  bonzo Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:11 pm

You're right...
    bonzo
    bonzo

This game might be the only thing to keep Banjo alive over the next few years Empty Re: This game might be the only thing to keep Banjo alive over the next few years

Post  bonzo Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:48 pm

where did you read this? and lets not exagerate
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:55 pm

MundoRare: http://mundorare.com/news/2009/02/sequel-to-nuts-bolts-probably-later-rather-than-sooner/
    BanjoBoy123
    BanjoBoy123

Post  BanjoBoy123 Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:17 pm

It's not going to be another 8 years BKP.
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Let's not be arrogant though. "The only thing to keep banjo alive" lol.
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Yeah, let's just call it a loveable effort from the Banjofans to breathe some life into the platforming section of the Banjo-series.

This would be the closest thing to Banjo-Threeie in a while, even though it is, obviously, just a Banjo-Fangamie-Justforfunnie.
    B-Kpianist
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Well tat's what I meant Razz lol
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Qwazin wrote:Yeah, let's just call it a loveable effort from the Banjofans to breathe some life into the platforming section of the Banjo-series.

This would be the closest thing to Banjo-Threeie in a while, even though it is, obviously, just a Banjo-Fangamie-Justforfunnie.

Well of course.

I'm afraid this might be really hard to pull off.
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:32 am

Well, I suppose to stay motivated we should stick within the idea of making just one demo level atm. So at the moment let's call it a Banjo fan-level. That sounds a little easier, right? I feel myself that we might be getting ourselves into somewhat deep water with this project, but thats also what excites me to contribute to this project, I wanna see how far we can take this before we eventually stop. (Wether it's because we stop because we're finished or because we have no motivation left)
    I'm curious over the process of what goes into making a game, and that too excites me, so hopefully we can keep this ball rolling for quite some time. :)
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:35 am

Yes it does. But making one level and then putting it within the rest of the game hurts. We're gonna need to per se "build" off of it. In other words, start working on jiggopolis first, so that they're programmed to work together. This is going to be a doosy.

EDIT: I noticed you just added in a long section to your post, and I have to say, completely agreed. But we'd probably want to ask people that have made real games what goes into it.
    Qwazin
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:39 am

Aye, I can see that from a programmers point of view this might be very hectic and messy. May I ask, what would be required to relief you from some of the more messy/complicated aspects of the game making? I guess the most simple answer would be more programmers or something. I'd love to hear your input on how we could make this whole programming ordeal easier, if it's possible.
    bonzo
    bonzo

Post  bonzo Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:50 am

Well yes more programmers obviously, and thanks for thinking of me. For now though, just give me a lot of time, the biggest thing is that I'm not that quick and not that good at it yet.

Also, have we decided for sure to use XNA? I'm not sure if it's possible to make a game of this caliber on there, though I'm not sure.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 am