The Forum for the production of the highly ambitious fan game, "Banjo-Kazooie: The Crystal Jiggy".

All about Bosses.

Viku

All about Bosses.

Post  Viku on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Let's use this thread for post our ideas for everything boss-related.

Right now we just have a few official bosses.

-Honeybee Mountain: <none>
    -Dutchman's Domain <none>
    -Bright-Star Belt: <None>
    -Ballistic Bedroom: <none>
    -Clash Blade Castle: Mr. Draco-Patch (Pic)
    -Wild Wired West: <none>
    -Freezing Furnace: <none>
    -Eukaryotopia: <none>
    -Gummibear Gorge: <none> (If I remember, King Caker was scrapped)
    -Gruntropolis: Count Fester

and of course we will have Gruntilda as the Final Boss of the game.
    Qwazin

Re: All about Bosses.

Post  Qwazin on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:55 pm

YES! BOSSES!

I had this idea for that the Ballistic Bedroom boss would be a giant face with detachable parts, like a Mr Potatoehead toy. I might do some sketching on him tomorrow or later on. I imagine him as this big polka-coloured egg (cause I couldn't think of any better basic-shape for him to have when he's faceless) with a bunch of different facial-features attached to him, and he'd fly around the place with his angry face with a propeller on his head. I dunno if maybe the egg is too silly, in which case we could have him just be more like Andross from Starfox 64.

When beaten into his empty egg-state, he'd start acting like one of these: http://modersmal-ryssland.com/ryssland/07_kultur/matriosjka/10.jpg
    If you're catching my drift. ;)

Anyway, thats my idea.
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Here's another idea: You fight a gigantic teddybear that resembles Banjo and Kazooie. As you progress through the battle the teddybear loses it's parts, and reveals bit by bit that it's actually a plushie of Fester. As the final touch, the last part that is removed from the bear is the part covering the plushie-Kazooie, which reveals itself to actually be a toy of Grunty's head. So, by the end of the battle you would be fighting a giant Fester plushie with Grunty's head in a backpack.
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:29 pm

I think i like the Mr. Potato-head esque boss. We could call him "Detach-a-Bill".

And i thought Buzzer the Kid was the boss the HBM. Or we could make the boss a Queen Bee

[EDIT] I stickied this thread. Wink
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:33 pm

I'm excited about the idea of a Mr Potato-head boss, even though we have no designs for him yet. I just imagine that if we make his face really amusing, he could become quite memorable.
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:45 pm

I could draw something up- then you or Viku could perfect it.
    Qwazin

Post  Qwazin on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Sounds good. Smile

rarefreak99

Post  rarefreak99 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:41 am

Ohh, can I draw him? On it now!

EDIT: Drawing done (I know it was quick), Will scan tomorrow.
    Viku

Post  Viku on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 pm

I have been thinking about my Buzzer the Kid idea for HBM's boss and then I realized that he was created way before we decided to put Wild Wired West, so I have 3 ideas:

A)Leave him as HBM's Boss and then give him a comeback as a sub-boss in HBM

B)Change his appearance for something "Military-like" and call him Sargent Buzzer

c) Select a whole new boss for HBM

oh, and his sub-title would totally be: "Hot-Tempered Hawk eye Gunner Bee" or something like that
    EDIT: -----------------------
    My original idea of how the Buzzer the Kid/Sargent Buzzer battle would work goes like this:

-Banjo and Kazooie would be in some kind of circular plataform, but only being able to move to the sides (kinda like the bosses in Hailfire Peaks).

-Buzzer would have this big "Hive-Guns" that shoot honey, if Banjo is hit by one of this shots, he will be stuck and turn into a easy target for an attack of the boss.

-After getting out of ammo, Buzzer will get distracted (peeking into the guns holes for see if there's some ammo left), so Bear and bird must hit him with a rat-a-tap attack right into the eyes.

-Once hit, Buzzer would turn red and start chasing Banjo while going up and down furiously (kinda like the Bee Boss iN donkey Kong Country)

-After a while, he will turn yellow and the whole thing would repear. For make things a bit harder after each hit, Buzzer (after turn yellow again) will cover some of the parts of the plataform with honey (making Banjo go slow on that parts) so npot only the bear must dodge Buzzer's shoots, but also doing it while avoiding the sticky places.

-After 3 hit he would be down (it would be good if his guns starts to rumble and when trying to check into the gun-hole the weapons explote all over his face) and Banjo and Kaz get a Jiggy.

I'm in favor of the Segant idea, since his dialogue would be like a more evil and angrier version of jamjars XD
    ------------------------------
    also, some time ago I give the idea for Dutchman's Domain Boss: Captain Blackeye

his sub-title being: "Nasty Bear-Hater Bucanner"

-for starters, he would mention that Fester gave him something for overcome his seasick-ness.

-Banjo and Kazooie would be on a small wood floating plataform in the middle of along body of water with a shak (you know who) around giving no way to be in the water for so much time. Blackeye would be riding a big Pirate Ship

-The battle would start with Blackeye shooting cannonballs at our heroes from his ship. banjo would then dodge it without leaving (or leaving if you can dodge the sharky guy) the plataform.

-After the fire is over, Blackeye will stop to wait for his cannons to cold up. Witht hat, the ship will move closer to the wood plataform, giving Banjo and Kazooie the chance to get on Blackeye's ship by using his canons as plataforms.

-Once on deck, Blackeye would attack with a pattern of attacks. his attacks would be: Slashing randomly as he chaces the bear with a pair of swords. Aim a gun that throws fire like a flamethrower and spin in a sircle (you ever fought a game boss that spins like in a clock-like way being it "clock hand" the thing the hero dosen't have to touch? it's kind of hard to eaplin, i hope you get it). And throw bombs.

-after some attacks, Blackeye would stop for catch his breath, being open for a hit from banjo's part. after being hit, Blackeye will automatically punch the bear (without making damage) off the ship.

-once back on the wood plataform, Black eye will summon some small baddies that the heroes must take out before the cannons start shooting again. then the whole process re-stars.

Last edited by Viku on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    B-Kpianist
    Admin

Post  B-Kpianist on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:06 pm

I was thinking that we could have him be the final part of the wasp battle in the wasp zone. It'd be really cool! Then he could re-appear in WWW.

Walecs

Bosses

Post  Walecs on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:29 am

Qwazin wrote:Here's another idea: You fight a gigantic teddybear that resembles Banjo and Kazooie. As you progress through the battle the teddybear loses it's parts, and reveals bit by bit that it's actually a plushie of Fester. As the final touch, the last part that is removed from the bear is the part covering the plushie-Kazooie, which reveals itself to actually be a toy of Grunty's head. So, by the end of the battle you would be fighting a giant Fester plushie with Grunty's head in a backpack.
    This is only a copy of Mingy Jongo. Sorry.

Some ideas:
    Mad doctor, or a radioactive monster in Eukaryotopia.
    An Icy monster (fire eggs can help a lot), or a big snowman or (Warlus? no.) a Yeti. Or, maybe, a evil version of Boggy (transformed by Grunty or whoever).
    It would be good Chilly Willy as reference, but no as boss. Freezing Furnace
    Snake, scorpion, cowboy or vulture in Wild Wired West.
    Count Fester should be boss more times, if he's in the 'box art' seen in ThatOneComposer videos.
    Zubba was already used in Click Clock Wood, and she isn't evil in Cloud Cukooland. She can be in a cameo (or maybe one bee in the world can be revelead as
    Zubba's cousin/son/brother...).
    If I have understood, Bright-Star Belt is a space world. The perfect boss is an alien (with his UFO, lasers and blaster guns).
    I don't know what are about the other worlds.

https://2img.net/h/i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab306/Walecs/BOSS.jpg - The mad doctor, speed sketch

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:32 am